- What Information Do We Collect?The information we gather enables us to personalize, improve and continue to operate the Services. In connection with certain aspects of the Services, we may request, collect and / or display some of your Personal Information. We collect the following types of information from our users.Account Information:When you create an Account, you will provide information that could be Personal Information, such as your username, password and email address. You acknowledge that this information may be personal to you, and by creating an account on the Services and providing Personal Information to us, you allow others, including us, to identify you and therefore may not be anonymous. If you access the Services through Facebook credentials, we may automatically collect certain information that could be Personal Information, such as your name, picture, email address and names of your Facebook friends. We will use all information available through Facebook in accordance with Facebook’s policies and your preferences selected through Facebook. You may also choose to connect with Third Party Services through the Applications, including Twitter, through which we may collect information based on your preferences. We may use your contact information to send you information about our Services. You may unsubscribe from these messages, although we, regardless, reserve the right to contact you when we believe it is necessary, such as for account recovery purposes.User Content:
Some features of the Services allow you to provide content to the Services, such as written comments or profile photos. All content submitted by you to the Services may be retained by us indefinitely, even after you terminate your account. We may
IP Address Information, Location Services Information and Other Information Collected Automatically:
- Generally, the Services automatically collect usage information, such as the number and frequency of visitors to the Application. We may use this data in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure. This type of aggregate data enables us and third parties authorized by us to figure out how often individuals use parts of the Services so that we can analyze and improve them.
- We may automatically receive, record and store location services information from your mobile device when you interact with the Services. You hereby consent to the Services’ use of anonymized location services information collected from users. Where the location services information is personally identifiable the Services will give you options to manage your disclosure of this information within the Services. Depending on the functionalities available on your mobile device, you may benefit from advanced options to manage the location services information. A mobile device may report its GPS location at the time you interact with the Services if the location services settings are enabled. Such information is not treated as Personal Information, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law.
- Our collection of your device location information is solely at your discretion. You can enable or disable location services when you use the Application at any time, through your mobile device settings. Should you use the Services with location services enabled, you consent to collection and dissemination of your device location information through the Services,
• In addition, please note that at no time will the Application access, collect or store any of the personal contacts or photographs or any other information stored on your mobile device without your permission.
We may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us. We use this confirmation to improve our customer service.
Information Related to Advertising and the Use of Web Beacons:
To support and enhance the Services, we may serve advertisements, and also allow third parties advertisements, through the Services. These advertisements are sometimes targeted and served to particular users and may come from third party companies called “ad networks.” Ad networks include third party ad servers, ad agencies, ad technology vendors and research firms.
Advertisements served through the Services may be targeted to users who fit a certain general profile category may be based on anonymized information inferred from information provided to us by a user, including Personal Information (e.g., gender or age), may be based on the Services usage patterns of particular users, or may be based on your activity on Third Party Services. We do not provide Personal Information to any ad networks for use outside of the Services.
We collect statistical information about how users collectively use the Services (“Aggregate Information”). Some of this information is derived from Personal Information.
How, and With Whom, Is My Information Shared?
The Services are designed to help you share information with others. As a result, some of the information generated through the Services is shared publicly, with other users and / or with third parties.
Information You Elect to Share:
Information Shared with Other Users on the Services:
We may share Personal Information, including your location, and any content you add, upload, submit, distribute, or post to the Services with your friends or other users on the Services, in accordance with the preferences in your Account settings.
We share Aggregate Information with our partners, service providers and other persons with whom we conduct business. We share this type of statistical data so that our partners can understand how and how often people use our Services and their services or websites, which facilitates improving both their services and how our Services interface with them. In addition, these third parties may share with us non-private, aggregated or otherwise non Personal Information about you that they have independently developed or acquired.
Email Communications with Us:
As part of the Services, you may occasionally receive email and other communications from us, such as communications relating to your Account or to your use of the Services. Communications relating to your Account will only be sent for purposes important to the Services, such as password recovery.
User Profile Information:
User profile information including your username and other information you enter may be displayed to other users to facilitate user interaction within the Services. We will not directly reveal user email addresses to other users without your permission.
As stated above, we do not currently collect financial information, as that
information is collected and stored by our Payment Processor. However, we may from time to time request and receive some of your financial information from our Payment Processor for the purposes of completing transactions you have initiated through the Services, enrolling you in discount, rebate, and other programs in which you elect to participate, protecting against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
Information Shared with Our Agents:
We employ and contract with people and other entities that perform certain tasks on our behalf and who are under our control (our “Agents”). We may need to share Personal Information with our Agents in order to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, our Agents do not have any right to use Personal Information or other information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. You hereby consent to our sharing of Personal Information with our Agents.
Information Disclosed Pursuant to Business Transfers:
In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the transferred business assets. Moreover, if we, or substantially all of our assets, were acquired, or if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of us or our assets may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy.
Information Disclosed for Our Protection and the Protection of Others:
Information We Share With Your Consent:
Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Information may be shared with third parties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
Is Information About Me Secure?
Your Account information will be protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your Account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer, browser and/or mobile device by signing off after you have finished accessing your Account.
We seek to protect Account information to ensure that it is kept private; however, we cannot guarantee the security of any Account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
We otherwise store all of our information, including your IP address information, using industry-standard techniques. We do not guarantee or warrant that such techniques will prevent unauthorized access to information about you that we store, Personal Information or otherwise.
What Information of Mine Can I Access?
You can access information associated with your Account by logging into the Services.
How Can I Delete My Account?
Should you ever decide to delete your Account, you may do so by emailing email@example.com. If you terminate your Account, any association between your Account and information we store will no longer be accessible through your Account. However, given the nature of sharing on the Services, any activity and data (whether or not it is public) on your Account prior to deletion will remain stored on our servers and, where applicable, will remain accessible to the public.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding My Information?
- You can always opt not to disclose certain information to us, even though it may be needed to take advantage of some of our features.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy using the Services, please send us a detailed message to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.
Effective Date: August 7, 2017